On 7/6/06, Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Standard XML? Do the Microsoft XML docs validate as XML? I think they do -
> so, they are valid.  They may be quirky but I think they are valid...

They probably are valid, if, um, verbose.

It was an off the cuff comment, and more related to troubles I had with
excel
and XML and "binding" datasources or some such.  Can't even recall exactly.

Bear in mind that I was burned with Quark and it's "XML abilities", so I'm a
little suspicious of the "universal" nature of XML.  Note: Quark is much
better
with XML now, but prior, with Avenue, it was a nightmare, vs. inDesign,
which
was a breeze and acted exactly how I'd expect it to, or at least closer than
Quark 5-6 did.

I guess I let that color my view a little.  I mean, theoretically, with XML,
DTDs
and XSLT, any XML should be pretty malleable, right?  I still kind of wonder
if dropping XML controller files from one framework into another would work,
and if not, if it's trivial to have XSLT transform the XML into whatever
format
the framework expects.

Well, I'll take back what I said about M$'s XML... if it validates, it's
valid.
:D