> You guys are in the development field... how do you go about increasing
> traffic to your sites?  What do you tell your clients when they ask how to
> increase traffic?
>
> Any ideas other then meta tag optimization and search engines, etc?

One thing we're beginning to notice is that meta tags and search engine
submissions are quickly becoming a thing of the past.  So are all of the
little search engine tricks, like addding hidden text and extensive image
alt text.  Thank God, is all I can say.  A good search engine shouldn't be
so easily manipulated.  Of course, even when the engines can be manipulated,
the effect generally lasts no longer than maybe 60-90 days, until the next
guy leapfrogs you in search engine spamming.  See google.com for the first
of the next generation in search engines.

Jim