> This part of the app is not going to take heavy traffic, so
> the performance
> hit would be negligible.  However going forward I will always
> take into
> consideration the possible performance implications of
> iif/evaluate/DE.

Yeah, and another thing to keep in mind when memorizing things that
perform better performance can change with new versions of CF.  Or if
you move to a different app server, or different OS.  That's why I said
I like to test my own code, if I'm worried, because I never believe the
'general rules of thumb'.  :)

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.