No need using DTS.

One word: bcp

and xp_shell to execute it and it is super fast.

-----Original Message-----
From: J W [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:40 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: reading large text file

Remember tho... DTS is great on SQL7 and SQL2000, but its GONE in
SQL2005.
It was replaced by the fairly overly complex SSIS (SQL Server
Integration
Services). Its not as cut and dry as DTS. You can import DTS tasks in as
legacy within SQL2005 but We had some older tasks on SQL7 that didn't
transfer over to SQL2005 right. I am not even sure if you can kick a
SSIS
task off within coldfusion either.

Agreed. Huge text files, find some other means to import them into your
database other than coldfusion.

Jeff

On 7/26/06, Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>