From: Martin Thorpe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 July 2006 13:36
To: CF-Talk
Subject: reading large text file

Hello all.

I am uploading a 74 + MB tab delimited text file that I am then reading
and inserting the values into a database.  The problem is it always
times out, or just takes too long (did not finish over night!!!!) to
read the file.  It is uploaded fine.

Any suggestions about how I may approach this to make it work with such
large files?

I looked at a bit of Java code someone had posted here but it went no
quicker really.

I was thinking of maybe chopping the file into slices and then
processing but not too sure how I would approach this.

Any opinions or ideas/tips would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Martin