Hmmm so, <CFMAIL></CFMAIL> doesn't fail? (no To etc).  I can understand it
not erroring if you have a bad username/passord or server name/IP as
ColdFusion is not technically in the loop at that part of the process.

ColdFusion literally just writes the email out (assuming you have correct
tag syntax) and it is the SMTP server which will say yay or nay to JavaMail
inside ColdFusion. It is not in control and should never be in control of
this process.

"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Oriel House, 26 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DL, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com