The person I talked to through Google was clueless and I asked for my issue to
be moved up the chain. I know how AdWords are supposed to be served but there
is a way of 'hacking it' by using the AdWords search feature and copying the
links from that. I'll explain it in detail on Blog of Fusion.
The bottom line is that it's not javascript, not "ads by Google" and not legal,
but still has Google ads and higher bid ads at that.