Hi Folks,

I'm trying to strip characters from a form string, like so;

The entered text : This is a string with £ and ? characters
The desired result : this_is_a_string_with_and_characters

The aim is that I can use this as a 'safe' URL parameter for navigating the
website. Obviously, if the string contains things like ? then it throws an
error, or simply doesn't return the record.

As I also need to use the original entered text (the entered text will be known
as 'heading', and the modified text will be known as 'shortheading' within the
DB) I can only accomplish this on the action page, not through javascript.

I can't use URLEncodedFormat() because the string needs to be easily readable
in the address bar (and look good to google!).

Looking at my CFWACK book, ReReplace() seems to be the tag I need, but despite
numerous efforts I just can't get a working syntax.

Any help would be much appreciated!