CF Eclipse doesn't require an install.  You just execute the exe.

Although that could have all kinds of policy repercussions I would imagine.

I'm surprised that NIH is that locked down.  The software is approved
throughout pretty much the entire federal government.  What is blocking you
from installing the extensions?  Can't you just run the built in extension
manager?