I have a CFidea and I wanted to seek advice on the best way to implement it.
I'm concerned that this idea will be taxing on my shared web hosting server.

After buildinig sites for employors and contracts, I've finally built a site
for myself.
My site is a news and downloadable magazine (which I sell for $9.95/yr)

THE IDEA
On my site(s), I posts related stories from within my industry. I want to
reward
my readers and build loyalty. I want to reward my readers for each story they
read with X point(s).  As long as they stay on the page for more than 10-15 (?)
seconds they will be rewarded. I want to track this to avoid users from just
clicking through stories to get points.  Once they accumulate x number of
points,
they will receive one of the four issues for free. If they collect enough
points,
they can get an entire year for free and earn additional issues beyond their
first
year or give their points to friends or co-workers. When visitors reads stories
from my site, my google ads are displayed which makes me money. I also want
to convey to potential advertisers that our we reward our reader base.  No other
news site within this industry does this.

THE CODE
The reader signs up by providing only their e-mail address and confirm their
e-mail address
through an automated reply from my site with a confirmation link they must
click on.
As an option if they want to earn reward points, I ask them to sign in with
just their e-mail
address to initiate and track their points, then get the current time with
#CreateODBCDateTime(now())# and store it as a session variable. When they click
and go to another page on the site, even if it's
not a story, capture the #CreateODBCDateTime(now())# again and compare the
times and update their profile with X point(s) if the time difference meets my
x seconds
per page criteria. If someone just rapidly clicks from story to story to
accumalate points,
the points will not be counted. If they like the site and decide to become a
loyal reader,
then they will receive these additonal benefits and be rewarded for their
loyalty.

Thoughts on the coding approach?

Thanks in advance.

D-