Les Mizzell wrote:

> The site is running CFMX on a shared Linux server - so I can't add
> anything or set paths through the CF Admin or anything like that - and
> many of the custom tags I've already looked at need java libs and stuff.
> Whatever I do has to be local to just this one site.

None of the image resizing CFCs that I'm aware of require any external
java libraries except those built into coldfusion.

If you have access to createObject(), then you can use imageCFC just
fine to check dimensions and resize jpeg images.

http://www.opensourcecf.com/imagecfc

If you don't have createObject(), and your host is unwilling to install
a CFX custom tag for you, then you're screwed.

Rick