Yes, good documentation also helps.

This also reminded me of another tactic to use in conjunction with the
others; you could use Coldspring to explicitly state the relationships
between these CFCs so you don't get caught out so easily:

http://www.coldspringframework.org/

--
CFAJAX docs and other useful articles:
http://www.bifrost.com.au/blog/