Calling on all you CF-Java-knowledgeable folks out there. I'm trying
to follow some of the examples in the iText tutorial, and I've hit a
mental wall.

When trying to instance a file output stream, the java example I see
looks like this:

Document document = new Document();
    try {
        PdfWriter writer = PdfWriter.getInstance(document, new
FileOutputStream("Destinations.pdf"));
[blah blah blah...]

Obviously, that's not going to fly in a cfscript block.
How would you write this in CF? Something like:

<cfscript>
document = createobject("java", "com.lowagie.text.Document");
finalOutPutFile = "C:\testpdf.pdf";
myPDF = createObject("java","java.io.FileOutputStream").init(finalOutPutFile);
fso= createobject("java","com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter");
try {
    writer = createobject("java",fso.getInstance(document, myPDF));
[blah blah blah...]
</cfscript>

Or would it the actual fso be created like:
fso = createobject("java","com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter).getInstance(document,
myPDF);

What's confusing me is the static PdfWriter.getInstance method. In CF,
I thought I had to call an init() method on the class to get back an
object, but if there's a static method (not a constructor per se), how
would I do this? Forgive this horrid example--I'm sure I've got this
all jumbled around. My ultimate goal is to add destinations and
outlines (bookmarks) to a new PDF file as it gets created via
concatenated PDFs.

Thanks,
Kris