>In our latest version of SiteDirector, we dumped the crumbtrail into a
>dropdown list so the user could select their returning point .. "homepage"
>is always there, then each department and product is there too.

Hhm, pretty neat idea. I wonder if customers see it up there though....took me
a little while to locate it even knowing it was there somewhere, I guess I am
too used to the typical "Keep Shopping" button and just didn't see it. You have
me thinking though.....would be really neat to have a Keep Shopping button that
when the customer clicked it would ask where they want to go and present the
list.

With CFWebstore I tend to just rely on having navigation from the product pages
back to whatever categories they were in, plus typical breadcrumb navigation
(and some other possibilities). In the absence of a system like the one
mentioned above, I think it's the best way to do it. Whatever method you use
you want the customer to easily be able to get back to the same product (in
case they want to order additional items in other colors/sizes/etc.) but not
make it hard for them to get back to the category they were on either.

Mary Jo Sminkey
http://www.cfwebstore.com
CFWebstore, ColdFusion E-commerce