Hi all. I need to make the RSA encryption algorithm available within CF in
order to connect with a client using Single Sign On. The two options I see at
this point are:

1. extend the encryption algorithms available to the Encrypt function;
2. purchase a custom tag and put it in place for use

I would like to solicit others' opinions about which way I ought to proceed and
sources of third party products, based on the community's experience in this
arena. The points and counterpoints I'm exploring right now are:

 - to extend the Encrypt function, I'll need to purchase and configure a java
security package. So far I've only found one, and they wanted 20 grand for it.
Anybody know of an RSA java package that doesn't cost more than my Jeep?

 - I've found at least two custom tags that *look* like they'll do what I need,
each around $100. With such a price gap between a custom tag and the security
package, what functionality would I be missing by choosing the cheaper route?

 - Anybody already been through this or a similar scenario, having to add to
the algorithms available to CF and can share some of the gotchas or shortcuts
they discovered?

Thanks all.