From: Tom Kitta
To: CF-Talk
Sent: Thu Sep 07 17:03:20 2006
Subject: Re: Locking Theory

cftransaction could lock for the duration of user edit ... it however,
depending on the DB level of locking could prevent any other user from
reading data in the table. I would consider implementing such locking a bug
not a feature.

Try the following in SQL server query analyzer: Begin Tran [some update of a

table]
in new window try to select on the table and do some other ops. See what
happens. After you are done do 'commit' in transaction window or 'rollback'.

Depending on locking you wil need to commit or rollback trans before you can

see anything done by select

TK