On 9/9/06, Pete Ruckelshaus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I started playing with Eclipse/CFEclipse a couple of days ago.  It's
> nice, but I've got to say that there are times when I really missed
> Homesite's tag editor dialog.

The latest build from source has a tag editor, IIRC.

> I'm also trying to figure out how Subclipse works, I've got it
> installed but so far I have yet to figure out where the Subversion
> functionality is hidden.

Window > Perspectives > Other > SVN Repository Explorer
or
Window > Views > Other > Synchronize
for just the sync view.

> Finally, I really don't want to have to create a "project", I'd rather
> just jump in and edit, or at the very least point the editor at a
> directory tree and tell it "this is a project", but it seems to want
> to copy all files into a project workspace.

The best way to get around this that I've found so far is to have
a "scribble" project, with a shortcut (or symlink) to it's direcotry
in my Firefox download directory.  That way, I download, extract
to the scribble project, switch to eclipse, press F8 to bring up
the scribble pad, which points to the scribble project, and viola.

I've found this makes it easier to find stuff I was playing with later
on, vs. having random files on my desktop or whatever.

There are still times where it would be cool to edit right on a file
that isn't in the project...
   As 99% of all my code is in eclipse projects, it is pretty rare to
run into that problem, personally. :-/

Good stuff...
-denny