From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:50 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF Memory problems?

As ar as creating the XML that gets sent out to the webservice, I'm simply
using a
   <cfxml variable="mstring"> blah blah blah </cfxml> followed by a call to
TOSTRING

I ripped out all of the code that created the intermediate query, and so far
memory usage is staying under 100mb, as opposed to 1200+ MB that it was doing
previously. So I guess it was all of those calls to set the contents of each
cell in the query.  Which might also point to having debugging enabled.  BUT, I
thought that I read/heard when CF MX7 came out that the overhead of having
debugging enabled was drastically reduced from what it had been in previous
versions - that CF was now checking the debugging IP list before storing
debugging information during execution, rather than the old method of always
storing the info and only checking the IP list at the end of the request to see
if it needed to be displayed.  Am I imagining that?

thanks,
Reed