Oh I agree, I an not dissing the comments, just our client wants an
actual line count of code.
>From a developer stand point, comments are greatly appreciated
especially in a team environment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 3:42 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Line Counter (without Comments)

I had a nightmare assignment once to fix two lines of code in a file
that had 7800 lines.  There were nested tables, inside nested loops,
multiple CFiFs, lots of "cfif clientID=x and version=y"

And not one comment anywhere.   The project manager had the view that
comments only make the file size bigger and therefore slower to load.

It took me most of the day to find the lines I had to fix.

Just for spite, I put a comment in the code when i finished the task.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from
AUD$15/month