OK, this has kicked my butt for 2 days now. I have a CF application (SSL)
with a certain report a client wants to serve up inside their C#.NET app
frameset. They have credentials they can provide. I've been trying to use a
webservice to authenticate these credentials (username/pw) and if good
create a bunch of session variables as if they were logging in manually. I
was hoping to then return a CFID and CFToken or jsessionid to the consumer
and they could use that in their frameset call of the report and they would
"join" that session. Currently I can create the session via the ws and send
back the structcount() of the session. But there don't seem to be cfid and
cftokens defined nor jsessionid.

So, is what I'm attempting impossible, possible using some other technique,
or just stoopid?

Maybe I'm making this too hard. Is there any problem just having the users
pass their credentials (encrypted with today's julian date as key) to the
report via the url over SSL?

Thanks for any ideas to help me beat this thing. I know the first step is to
admit I have a problem and that I'm powerless over it! ;-)

Greg