Ok, this was a bit rushed and it watered down version of how mine works,
but it is the basic idea. I know some other people here have commented
about 404 errors and logging. I have absolutely NO issues with this
method. All the Google analytics works. My error handling works.
Everything works perfectly. It is very fast, but has room for
optimization.

Take a look:

http://www.bennadel.com/blog/286-Handling-404-Errors-in-ColdFusion-via-I
IS-Throwing-404-.htm

Or (shorter url... To demonstrate the masking:)

http://bennadel.com/index.cfm?dax=blog:286.view

It is not perfect, but it is the general idea.

Ben Nadel
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
http://www.bennadel.com