I'd like to see that too.
I have never seen an invalid cert that doesn't match the domain NOT prompt
you with that information. That is the whole point in having them.

Russ

===

Dave said

I think I'll move on with my life in either case, thanks for asking. I
simply wanted you to point out some piece of evidence in favor of the idea
that you can present an invalid certificate and have it accepted
automatically. I don't want a step-by-step how-to, just some tiny shred of
proof. Because, you see, this is really the key part of the discussion. Any
idiot can set up an SSL proxy, and users may well go to that and blindly
accept its certificate.