This is where having an IDE is enormously helpful (even if you are
doing hello world!)

Get into Eclipse, you can define the level of complicance for a
project (or for your whole workspace) by editing your project
properties.

Then you can use one SDK but make sure it is all compiled to a target SDK.

Regards

Mark Drew