From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:02 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Am I off base ?

What's your opinion on this?

Our Web hosting company built a few custom cf application for this company
before
I came on board. The Webhosting company developed these applications within
multi-application framework and not self contained application. I've done
mostly MVC
and Fusbox and I'm getting up to speed on ModelGlue, Cold Spring, etc.

I asked the hosting company if they had any documentation.  Not of the
methodology,
but just something that would layout some structure to their framework.
Without any guidance,
it will be an additional challenge to follow their application framework
flow/process.
They said they don't have any documentation, yet ehy've given me full acess
to all the Cf
code and the related tables.  Shouldn't they provide some basic roadmap?

It's been my experience that any good development team would have some
documentation
on large projects they create. Isn't it good development practice to leaves
clues for developers
replacing original coders or developers that want to scale an existing
application? My thoughts
are they're trying to protect their potential future revenue stream from the
company.

Granted, I'm not a seasoned CF-OO developer yet, but shouldn't they have
discussed
the this in more detail?

Thanks