Whenever doing client side, always also do server side.  The only excuse I
could see around this is if you had your forms setup to not submit except
through javascript forcing it to be working on the clients machine.  Even
that excuse does not hold much for me.

In regards to what Ali stated wanting to verify, I have not used CF7's built
in features for validation a whole lot but it seems like it might have
pretty much everything already in the language to handle this without going
to extreme measures to code it up.  Sure it is not as simple as putting in
<CF_MAKETHEWORLDHAPPY />