From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 9:20 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Can I write code in CF 8 for CF 4.5?

> I'm not terribly interesting in working with CF 7 since CF 8
> is due out next year.  I'm overly busy now developing with
> 4.5!  I was holding off learning the new coding and methods
> until CF 8 comes out.

By that logic, you might as well just wait until, say, CF 10 comes out.

There's a lot more stuff between 4.5 and 7 that you'll need to learn, than
between 7 and 8. Components alone will take quite a bit of time for you to
learn fully.

Just download CF 7 and install the free developer version, and start
learning. If you don't hook it to your existing web server, you can use the
built-in web server and leave your existing CF development setup untouched.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/