> Well I dunno about the other ISP's listed on bens site, but ours
> (cfmxhosting) has 100% legitimate reviews by all our
> customers, and they can
> all be contacted for a reference.

That could be easily faked too.  I'm not saying you're company is doing
this, Russ, but imagine how easy it would be to have your employees
setup email address with various free services, submit reviews, and then
respond to any questions as if you're a legitimate customer.  Heck, if
they wanted to be fancy, they could build a fully automated system to
handle all this.  In short order you could have thousands of 'real'
reviews up there, and all requests for comments would be forwarded to an
employee for response.  To make it seem more legit, you could even
intersperse a few 3 or 4 star reviews (things like "Good service, but
they don't offer Linux").  I don't think many companies would do such
things, but look at Yahoo movies, or Amazon's book reviews.  There have
been well publicized cases of publishers submitting fake reviews to try
to sell more tickets/books.

Again, I don't know the best answer for this problem.  I'm just saying,
take those reviews with a grain of salt.

"EMF <idahopower.com>" made the following annotations.
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,