From: Craig A. Zingerline [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 10:48 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Slightly OT : How many accounts can my server handle?

Hello,

I realize that there are many factors in determining how many sites a server
can handle are, but i'm just looking for guidelines.  The server information
is below, and lets assume that an average site on the server uses ColdFusion
and Access or SQL Server 7.0 and uses 1 Gig of bandwidth a month.  Lets also
assume that I would use Virtual Directories instead of unique IP addresses
for each account.  How many sites would you say this server could handle?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Hardware:
- Pentium 600MHz
- 256MB RAM
- 20GB EIDE hard drive

Software:
- Windows NT 4(with most recent service pack)
- IIS 4.0
- Primary DNS Server
- SQL Server 7.0
- ColdFusion Server 4.5 Professional