Hi Folks.....

while I realize this a question for the cf_newbie list, the response times
here are always much faster here. First off, thank you Michael D. for your
response on cf_newbie in regards to my question about cfdirectory. I am
still working on the basics with many things cf, another being cffile and
the "write" action and what the limitations are as to what can be put into
the output. I have a bit of code that creates a few directories and then
writes and index page with a short message and datetime stamp. Here's what
I'm using so far after my directories are created.

1.)In outputting my datetime here, how would I go about adding the AM/PM
designation for output?

  <cfset myDate = now()>
  <cffile action="write"
     file="#BaseDir#\index.cfm"
     output="Website directories were created successfully on
#DateFormat(CreateODBCDate(myDate), "mmmm d, yyyy hh:mm:ss")#">

OK, here's the simpleton question, can I put any html tags in the output
above or into the output below? I'd like to put this in a div centered on
the page.

 <cffile action="read" file="#BaseDir#\index.cfm" variable="confirmation">
 <cfoutput>
  #HTMLCodeFormat(confirmation)#
 </cfoutput>

TIA ... Bob