From: Casey Dougall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 4:57 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Are there any experts in CF Server for Linux?

 We're using CF MX 6.1 with Linux and we've got

> somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 or so CF sites split between 3
> servers.

That just seems like a lot of sites for 3 boxes. Regardless if it's Win or
Linux, lets take as example you are hosting sites at a datacenter. "Managed
hosting" you buy 3 dedicated boxes at the price of $600 / Month. This ends
up being only $9 per site per month (3 boxes and 200 sites). Is it really
worth the worries of maximizing every square inch of processing power a box
may have vs. breaking this up and putting MAX 50 sites on a box, paying
slightly more ($12/month per site) but with less issues?

Casey