You are absolutely correct.  The simple explanation is that CFX tags are
executables (dll or class files) that utilize the ColdFusion API.  Thus,
they must be written in a separate language.  However, if your colleague
can show us the "button", we'd all be eternally grateful.

--
Billy Cravens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]