Rick,

A couple of things to check (I'm giving you some examples using IIS
so you might need to find something equivalent in GoDaddy's DNS admin
if you haven't done any of your DNS work on the server side):

You may have created a reverse-pointer record when you were modifying
your DNS.   To fix, you may need to change the DNS record again.  If
there is a box that says something like "Update Associated Pointer
Record, make sure that is checked. ( You may want to do the same with
the mail record you changed as well).

If you have visibility to the Reverse Lookup Zones on the server, you
may also want to look in your Reverse Lookup Zones for the subnet of
IP's on the server for any conflicting records between the two.  You
can always nuke the records and recreate if you start seeing conflicts.

Another thing to check is whether you have any of the sites on the
server (especially the mail domain) set up with a blank Host Header
value (or possibly a blank (wildcard domain) mail or A record in the
GoDaddy admin).  If you have more than one, it can cause these types
of issues (as I've found out the hard way).

Lastly, have your client open a Windows Terminal (or Network Utility
on a Mac) and either "tracert yoursite.com" or
Traceroute>yoursite.com respectively.   You can see if any of the
hops that are being made are giving you any clues to where the DNS
problem is occurring.   (Note - this will probably only be helpful if
your server has more than one IP assigned, but even so, it might give
you some information)

I would also suggest contacting GoDaddy's support team, they may be
able to find the problem faster than you can.

HTH,

Jon