From: Owens, Howard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 11:42 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: What If You Don't Know The File Type?

I have a site where users can upload files to the server.  There is a vast
array of file types they can upload (PDF, all kinds of images, zipped
files, .sit files, etc.).

For the administrator, I have a page that displays all of the files in the
upload directory.  The admin can then click on a link to download the
file.  I want to use CFContent for this procedure, but CFContent requires
that you specify the file type.  But We don't know what the file type might
be.

How do I get around this requirement on CFContent?  What are the options.

H.

Howard Owens
Web Producer
InsideVC.com