Richard,

Glad to be of help.  I hope that now you will have a great weekend, happy
holidays, etc. (and that your hair will grow back :-)

And more than that, I hope that with Scorpio the MySQL drivers bundled with
CF will be upgraded.  (Anyone from the CF team at Adobe lurking here on this
list ? )

btw ... I wore a "DBA hat" fulltime for several years before coming to CF.
This made me very aware of the key role that the driver "middleware" plays
in all SQL to client communication (CF included).  I encourage that if
others ever encounter problems related to CF and databases (including SQL),
if you have access to DBAs, really try to engage your DBA when trying to
resolve your problem.  And truly, if you have access to DBAs, though you may
not need them every day, be sure you make friends with them because there
are times that they really can make magic happen for your database driven
web applications :-)

Happy CF'ing!

              Best regards,