Perhaps something like:

<cfif IS_LOCAL>
        <cfset strDocumentRoot = ExpandPath( "../../A/" ) />
<cfelse>
        <cfset strDocumentRoot = ExpandPath( "../A/" ) />
</cfif>

<cfcontent
        file="#strDocumentRoot#YOUR_DOC_HERE.doc"
        />

Where the IS_LOCAL is a boolean as to whether the current enrivonment is
Dev or production. As far as how to set that value, you can do a number
of things. You can hard code it. You can check the CGI values (server
name, http host???), you can check the requested Url.

Right now I go with the CGI.server_name I think (but I can't remember
off hand).

Ben Nadel
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX7 Developer
www.bennadel.com

Need ColdFusion Help?
www.bennadel.com/ask-ben/