From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 7:53 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: path outside webroot

> I don't use expandpath() though. For me, expandPath('/')
> gives the wwwroot of the CF install directory and NOT the
> path relative to my IIS setup.

As it should. CF doesn't know anything about your IIS setup. From the docs:

"To resolve a path, this function uses virtual mappings that are defined in
the ColdFusion Administrator. This function does not reliably use virtual
mappings that are defined in IIS, Apache, or other web servers."

If you can, you might want to set your root mapping ("/") to correspond to
your web root directory.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/