I had this problem too....but situation sounds a little bit different...

I was on a shared hosting box with email and cold fusion.
Their email service was crappy so we setup email on a new hoster, and
changed the MX records on the original one to point to the new mail server.

Everything worked great except CFMAIL going to our domain.
There was some screwey DNS issue that prevented the email from being
directed to the true IP of the new mail server.

To fix it they had to hack the DNS server....and delete old records.

But in this case it was definately DNS issue.

chad

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]