I need to add gift certificate functionality to my store app. What's the best
way to do this?

I'm guessing I need a tblGiftCertificates. It contains a certificatecode,
amount, message, datepurch, receiveremail, etc.

The user buys and actually pays for the certificate like it was any item in the
store? Would I set it up as an item for sale like that?

Then, what's the best process for the certificate receiver to redeem their
cert.? Use their email and a generated certificate code as info they'd put in a
form during the checkout process? Then keep a running total on how much they
have left on the cert? Like, if they had $20.00 on it. Then purchased $50 worth
of merchandise, I'd need to be able to calculate they owe $30 balance during
checkout, etc... I can see little issues arising...

Thanks for any suggestions you guys/gals have.

Will