Hi,

I've seen a few examples where this happens, but, I'm a little confused as to
why you'd use cftry/cfcatch to test for a DB connection within
onApplicationstart.

Firstly, would this mean that until the application ends it would consider that
the database is unreachable?

Secondly, what happens when the DB goes down later on, after the application
has started? Wouldn't it be better to have this test within onRequestStart?

Lastly (and slightly separately), if I store client details in a DB and this
connection is down I'm assuming this problem would occur prior to the
onApplicationStart? Would it be best to wrap that in try/catch as well or
perhaps even instead of?
<cftry>
        <cfset this.clientStorage = "cvars">
etc...