From: Clark Valberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, 14 January 2007 12:56
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Dreamweaver + Version Control - "Best Practices" Consulting

Neil,

I'm sure "check-in/out" doesn't fit the bit here as it doesn't really
constitute "version control".  They're looking for the best way to roll-out
something like Subversion (or similar, if it makes more sense) in a way that
works right inside Dreamweaver 8 and flows nicely with their current process
of deployment to staging / production servers.  The goal here is to get the
maximum benefits of version control without using 2 different applications
(Dreamweaver + tortoiseSVN for example).  Maybe a best-of-breed Subversion
extension for Dreamweaver is the answer here.

We're looking for someone who's been through the trial and error in setting
this up - and has experience using a setup that works.

>It really isn't rocket science, check in/check out...:-) or are they
>having issues actually setting it up?
>

>"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant,
>Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom), a division of Reed
>Business, Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains
>information which is confidential and may also be privileged.  It is
>for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the
>intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution,
>copying or use of this communication or the information in it is
>strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
>communication in error please return it to the sender or call our
>switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."