> I am new to running CF on a Linux box - and I know virtually
> nothing about Linux.
>
> I have all of my pages working correctly, but in one instance
> I am calling on the CFFILE command to move a CSV file from
> one directory to another.  The file is getting copied to the
> new location, but not deleted from the current location.
> Apparently the page is running as a user "apache" and that
> user doesn't have delete access in that folder.
>
> This page is going to be run as a scheduled task.  Is there
> any way that the user name can be set for the page?  Short of
> changing the security in Linux (which apparently is
> problematic in this case) is there anything I can do here?

You can't run specific CF scripts as different users. The CF server runs as
a specific user, and that's who'll run the script.

Ideally, your best bet would be to simply change the permissions on the
folders in question, to allow the user to delete files within those folders.
That shouldn't be very difficult, but for security purposes you may need to
use different folders that don't contain anything other than the files
you're manipulating, and you may want to ensure that those folders aren't
available to the web server itself, so that their contents can't be executed
through the web server.

Failing that, you could conceivably write a shell script to do what you
need, and call that through CFEXECUTE. That's an ugly approach in my
opinion, though.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/