From: Brad Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2000 3:05 PM
To: Fusebox
Cc: CF Talk
Subject: multiple similar sites on one server

Check out this scenario:

What if you wanted to host ecommerce sites for just vitamin stores?  You
created an awesome app (in fusebox of course) catered to the vitamin store
business.  Your database is set up to handle multiple stores.  You don't
want to just copy your app for every store you set up, because this wouldn't
be feasible for later changes to your app.  When you got a new client, the
idea would be to create only the files and variables unique to that site:

Variables:
  Unique ID of the store
  Any style attributes

Files:
  Header and footer files for design.

So how could you reuse the entire functionality of the site and only change
the design (headers/footers) and style (colors, fonts, etc.)?  I've thought
about this a lot, but I keep running into roadblocks.

Any help is appreciated,

Brad

BTW, The new Fusebox Book is great!  It's an easy read, even on my monitor
:)