From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 6:31 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: ColdFusion on Apache is better than IIS?

Russ wrote:
> As mentioned, this is not a valid benchmark.  When you are benchmarking,
you
> only change 1 variable, but they have changed 3 variables.

They change just one variable of significance: vendor. If you are a bank
and you buy a system to process financial transactions, or if you are a
retailer with several hundred outlets and a dozen warehouses and you buy
a system to manage you supplies, you don't go shop for some hardware
from one vendor, an OS from another vendor and a database from a third
vendor. You go shop to some integrator where you buy the whole system
and who warrants not just the individual components, but also their
integration.

Representing TPC-C as just a database benchmark and then claiming it to
be invalid is a Straw Man fallacy.

Jochem