So... other than a workaround for your particular situation, this is not
something that has practical benefits in routine deployments... ???

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:39 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Managing multiple CF7 instances to one IIS site

Honestly?  Because you work for a government agency, and such is the way it
is
;).  And this was the easiest solution to implement within the confines of
our
limitations. We host around 120 sites, and all of them are virtual webs
off the
main URL.  I didn't set it up, and changing it would probably require
at least a
year to accomplish.  In addition, all sites that are hosted on SSL will be
required to purchase a Verisign cert (which we would need to maintain... and
about half of the sites have an SSL piece).  And, since all of the
sites are on
IIS and use virtual IPs, the IIS metabase needs to be updated manually when
using multiple SSL host headers when answering on all IP addresses.  I would
love to give each site its own website, but it's just not the way business
is
conducted here.  C'est la vie.

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX