And, if I understand CF licensing issues correctly, I wouldn't have to purchase
a license for each instance, right?

Rick

Nope.  We do something similar here, but with multiple IIS websites connected
to multiple cf instances, but all on the same box.  We isolate our critical
applications in their own instances so that foolishness that can happen
sometimes in other apps have a much less chance of affecting them.

A couple of caveats of course:  If an application brings down the entire CPU or
somehow locks up ALL possible RAM then obviously all apps are affected.

Each instance is a full jRun service running.  This can use a lot of resources,
so make sure you are balancing what the box can handle with how many instances
you have running on it.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Sudoku
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.