Hmm,

Yes I came across that page, but that page doesn’t tell me how to style my
plugin, nor does it help in saying how to override a method of its upper
class. I guess that's what I was really wanting to know.

For example in dojo, I define the object as such

dojo.provide("aegeon.WidgetTest");

And anytime I want to use this widget I can then do this.

But in dojo I can also include other objects to build up my widget, for
example by adding

dojo.require("dojo.event.*");

I can now apply events to my widget. Then I can make a template for my
widget by doing something like this

And with the way dojo works it will the populate the template with the
properties defined in the widget. So at anytime if I want to change the text
I just dojo.widget.ById('WidgetId').Text="ChangingText");

So by this example, it gives me a very run down on how to create the look of
the widget and also allows me to say how the widget can inherit other
widgets.

With my quick look through jQuery I didn't see any of this, nothing on how
to style the widget or make the widget look, or even as mentioned override
or inherit other widgets.

Andrew Scott
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.