Well, this has been around for years, Microsoft even has a technote on it...

It could be seen 2 ways... Why on earth would you want to pass that much
data in a POST.. Maybe IE is being logical in trying to restrict you :-).

I believe you can get around the problem by using a GET.

ColdFusion shouldn't have a limit I would say, why should it? It's not a
browser.

"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com