It's based on the app we're using for uploading files: an FTP java app that
does the uploading and then passes the list to another page over the URL for
processing / registering to the db. The problem we're encountering is when
someone uploads lots and lots of files at one time and they each have long
filenames, ie; 150 files in a series like img_000230.jpg. That's 15 characters,
plus the delim, X 150 = 2250 characters... already too long considering I'm
also passing around 100 chars of other pertinant info.

I'll request that they do it via POST instead of GET in an upcoming version.
Otherwise I'll have to limit the number of files someone can upload in one shot.

Mik

At 11:34 AM 3/4/2007, Eric Roberts wrote:
>Why would you want to pass that in the url?  That is very ugly and very
>unprofessional looking...not to mention completely lacking any security.
>
>Eric

--------
Michael Muller
Admin, MontagueMA.net Website