From: Dinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:42 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: coldfusion and jboss/tomcat

First off, Steve, thank you for the jboss + cf blog entries!
Had me up and running in minutes.

Second off, I am probably staring at the forest and wondering where the
trees are (I've already done that once with your jboss entries;), but I
don't see how this would allow me a set up like so:

/srv/www/htdocs/funzone  == http://funzone.localhost/
/srv/www/htdocs/interflow  == http://interflow.localhost/

where the .cfm files in those directories are both served by a single CF
instance, and code running in both funzone and interflow think they're
housed at "/".

Basically, I want to achieve the same thing the JRun connector does.
Seems as if the page gets processed in the context of the apache virtual
host, so to speak.

    Whereas Apache2.2 with the mod_proxy_ajp module seems to proxy
(well, it's in the name) the requests, so funzone.localhost/cool.cfm has
to be at the "/" of the war (tomcat context), or
interflow.localhost/cool.cfm has to be at "/" of the context, but both
can't be at "/"
of the context.

My new projects can happily play at /funzone/ or what have you, but it's
a problem for my older ones, or 3rd party type deals.

If I'm missing how I can modify the web.xml to have both
funzone.localhost/cool.cfm and interflow.localhost/cool.cfm live at "/"
but be different files, I'm not seeing it.

Again, wouldn't be the first or last time, so I'm sorry if it's staring
me in the face (or if I've explained things "funkily" =).

And double again, thanks Steve for the best CF + JBoss resource on the
web.  Shweeet!