>Perhaps there are free versions of a CF Server
>(Coral Web Builder, Smith Project, and one more I can't
>think of that is free) that can be utilized until Scorpio
>becomes available?

Railo is free for community, low-budget business, and developer use, and has a
very cheap professional edition (€200).

I suspect IgniteFusion is the freeware one you're thinking of. I've looked at
that and wasn't too impressed; whilst I haven't done a proper evaluation of
them, I suspect Smith might be better.

Coral Web Builder isn't free, it costs $225, plus $50 for each developer
license.

Unfortunately I haven't really looked at jQuery yet, so can't tell you which of
these might be most suitable.